YOU GUYS I WAS AT THE DARK KNIGHT RISES MIDNIGHT PREMIERE LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS AWESOME NOW I AM REWATCHING ALL THE ANIMATED BATMAN EPISODES I CANNOT STOP BATMAN4LYFEEEEEEE.
Okay, I'm done.
the sauce turned out much better this time
So I kept my word and decided to make some peanut sauce tofu. I was super wiped out today after sleeping at 4 am, waking up at 9 am to go see Walter Lewin speak at MIT, then hauling my butt into work, before taking an hour to commute back home.
zzzzZZZZZZzzz I am p o o p e d out.
Which is why delicious, but super easy-to make tofu sounded especially appealing today.
I am very happy to report that this tofu turned out much better than the first version I made at the beginning of summer. I just used the peanut sauce recipe from Wednesday and fried it with some tofu.
Willingness to make again: 10 (practice makes perfect! I am very invested in tweaking/perfecting this recipe. I think we already covered that tofu+pb=eternal happiness)
1) FORGOT TO TOAST PEANUTS :( I think that really would have added a nice extra crunch. Next time!!
2) Should add more salt to it as I am frying
3) Out of a spontaneous impulse to be healthy, I bought this peanut butter substitute:
While still good, it definitely has a slightly different flavor from normal pb.
4) So this time I had a lot of sauce in ratio with my tofu (more than 1:1), but as I continued to fry the tofu the extra sauce became to solidify into super tasty pb chunks that significantly added to the tofu and gave some extra crunch to the dish. TL;DR: MORE SAUCE = GOOD
5) Maybe try with more cong next time?
Now just need to muster the energy to do some Insanity before I really melt into a lump of Batman-watching lard. I just finished downloading all four seasons of the Animated Batman Series! The fun just never ends; life is goooood (read: extra screwed for GRE). Is there such thing as too much Batman? Leading up to the movie, I finished watching all of Batman Beyond. And now this. Regardless, can't stop won't stop. Shameless die-hard super hero geeks, UNITE! Wait...that might just be me.